As you all know, I am constantly trying out new beauty products — some aren’t for everyday use (like face masks), others are too pricey so I don’t re-buy unless I think they are really worth it, and then some are just not awesome enough for a second chance.
Today, I wanted to share what I’m currently using on a daily basis. It’s my latest and possibly my favorite beauty regimen to date. Here are the very natural, multipurpose, and affordable products I would highly recommend:
- Dr. Bronner’s Peppermint Liquid Soap – My new daily face wash. It gets rid of dead skin like no other, but doesn’t over-dry or irritate my sensitive skin. It’s powerful stuff so they recommend diluting it, but to be honest – I don’t! I use just 2-3 pure drops, put it directly on my skin, and wash it off quickly. If you google a bit, a lot of people have found this to be extremely helpful for acne. Added bonus – this soap literally has at least 17 other uses. I think I have finally found a face wash that I will use for life. ($6.39 for 8 oz)
- Baking Soda – Combine about teaspoon with a little water in your hand and you have yourself a incredibly cheap and effective yet gentel facial scrub. I use this 1 – 2 times per week. ($1 for 16 oz)
- Heritage’s Rose Petals Rosewater - A perfect facial toner for all skin types, but especially sensitive or mature. It’s so simple yet so luxurious – it smells like pure roses! Naturally loaded with vitamin C, it aids in collagen production. I put a little on a cotton ball and use it on my entire face and neck after I get out of the shower. ($5.49 for 4 oz)
- derma e® Hyaluronic Acid Serum – I am LOVING this as my daytime moisturizer. My skin absorbs it so well and it has such a nice light scent of plumeria. The hyaluronic acid draws in moisture plumping skin and reducing the signs of aging. It’s oil-free making it a great choice for those who are blemish-prone or just don’t like a heavy moisturizer. ($29.50 or less for 2 fl oz)
- Egyptian Magic – A friend told me how she was using it around her eyes (to prevent lines) so I decided to give it a try. This all purpose balm has some of the most therapeutic natural ingredients around. When I occasionally get eczema on my hand, it clears it up within an hour or two. If used only as an eye cream, a little goes a long way so then the price becomes incredibly reasonable for the size ($37.20 for 4 oz ).
- Desert Essence Blemish Touch Stick - With a roller ball applicator, this all natural blemish treatment is so quick and easy to apply. I love that it goes on clear, unlike many blemish treatments. Also, studies have shown tea tree oil to be as effective as benzyl peroxide for treating pimples! ($6.59 for .33 fl oz)
- Aloe Vera Gelly by Lily of the Desert – I use this as my night cream becomes I am so sick of products (natural and not quite so natural) clogging my pores. This cooling gel leaves skin noticeably nourished and calmer by morning. It’s an excellent choice in general if you’re prone to redness/irritation. ($4.59 for 4 oz)
Do you have a beauty regimen? I would love to hear what it is!