My husband made this a few weeks ago and now it’s become a very frequent dish in our home. It’s such a well-rounded, nutrient-dense meal on its own (lots of protein, fiber & healthy fats) and perfect as a side dish with sandwiches and soups. I think this is one of the healthiest and most delicious, easy recipes ever. Let me know if you give it a try!
Tuna & White Bean Salad
- 2 cans tuna (I like tuna in olive oil, but in water works too)
- 2 cans of cannellini beans
- 1/2 cup diced onion (optional)
- 2 stalks celery, leaves and all, chopped
- half cup extra virgin olive oil
- juice of 1-2 lemons to taste (we put 2)
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- sea salt & fresh ground black pepper to taste
- Drain cans of tuna and beans, combine in large bowl
- Add chopped veggies, olive oil, lemon juice, zest, and olive oil
- Add salt & pepper
- Mix well
I recently posted my friend’s delicious recipe for a crustless vegetable quiche. This was the first time I made a quiche so I was a little nervous, but it was really easy and so, so tasty. Nicole, I hope I made you proud!
The cheese: Havarti Dill
(Anyone who knows me well knows I’m not huge on cheese so if I’m taking a picture of a hunk of cheese, it’s because it was THAT good!)
So excited to have this for lunch today and dinner again tonight!
This is the most delicious and healthiest (no crust) quiche I’ve ever had! I didn’t even notice it didn’t have a crust until the cook (my best friend) pointed it out and as she noted, this is so perfect for breakfast, lunch or dinner. Nicole, thank you for letting me devour about half of the entire quiche in a day! I hope this will be on the menu every time we visit!
- Saute 3 cups of fresh spinach, 2 cups chopped broccoli, 1 package of mushrooms and 1 chopped onion for approx 15 minutes
- Mix together 4 eggs, 1 cup of milk and 1 cup of shredded cheese (my friend used low fat havarti dill)
- Pour the veggies into a 13″ pie dish and cover with egg, cheese and milk mixture
- Bake at 375 degrees for 20 minutes
Recipe & Photo Courtesy of STYLE AND CHARM
TURKEY & VEGETABLE CHILI VERDE
Prep and Cook Time: 30 minutes
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 medium cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 4oz can diced green chili
- 1 15 oz can of diced tomatoes
- 1 tb + 4 cups chicken broth
- 4 cups finely chopped kale
- 1 15 oz can pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 tbs chopped fresh oregano
- 3 tbs chopped fresh cilantro
- salt and black pepper to taste
- Chop garlic and onion and let sit for at least 5 minutes to enhance their health-promoting benefits.
- Heat 1 tb broth in a medium soup pot. Sauté onion in broth for 5 minutes over medium heat stirring frequently. Add garlic and ground turkey with just a pinch of salt and pepper. Continue to sauté, breaking up turkey for another 5 minutes.
- Add diced tomatoes, chili, and broth to turkey mixture and bring to a boil on high heat. Stir in chopped kale, reduce heat to medium and simmer for another 10 minutes.
- Add beans, simmer for another couple of minutes and add herbs, salt and pepper.
From The World’s Healthiest Foods website *full nutritional information here