I just came across this awesome list of 20 Pain Cures You Can Find in Your Kitchen and I just had to share it.
The list includes natural remedies like:
- Ginger for muscle pain
- Cloves for a toothache
- Apple cider vinegar for heartburn (such a great one!)
- Garlic for earaches
- Cherries for joint pain and headaches
- Fish for stomach troubles
- Yogurt for PMS
- Turmeric for chronic pain
- Tomato juice for leg cramps
I can attest to trying most of these natural remedies and they really do work!
One of my favorite natural beauty companies, BUDDHA NOSE, makes this seriously awesome Girl Balm. It’s specifically meant to aid the common woes of PMS. Simply rub the balm on your lower belly and/or lower back to ease cramps and brighten your mood. The warming and mellowing mix of Clary Sage, Rose Geranium, Ginger Root and Black Pepper are sure to leave you feeling noticeably calmer and skin noticeably softer within minutes. The smell of it alone makes me feel better – it’s definitely one of my favorites!
Unfortunately, so many of us females deal with the negative side effects of fluctuating hormones, but in addition to this magical balm there are other easy efforts you can make on a daily basis.
Some other tips to ease PMS and help stabilize hormones include:
- Regular exercise
- Stress reduction (yoga, meditation, just plain old relaxation, etc)
- Reducing your intakes of refined sugar, salt, alcohol, and caffeine.
- Increasing your intake of complex carbohydrates, omega 3-rich foods, fruits, and veggies (especially leafy green ones).
- More tips here: 5 Natural Tips to Take the Syndrome Out of PMS
The Girl Balm is currently on sale and the price ($21.60) is really worth every penny for the high quality ingredients and therapeutic benefits. Plus, a little truly goes a long way. If you give it a try, I would love to hear what you think!