Here are several items that I strongly recommend stocking up on and upping your intake of, especially during cold and flu season:
- Garlic (a natural antibiotic & antibacterial)
- Honey (no germ can live in honey!)
- Lemon (See use for #2 & 3 here – Nature’s Cough Syrup)
- Ginger (great for inflammation & circulation)
- Spices (like Turmeric and Cayenne Pepper, which are both believed to kill cancer calls among other benefits so clearly they’re excellent for you in general!)
- Herbs (like Thyme)
- Sea Salt (great for gargling)
- Veggies (lots & lots of all kinds, especially the deeply/brightly colored ones to keep your immune system in tip top shape!)
- Fish high in omega-3s (such as 2 of my favs – wild salmon & sardines)
- Tea (White, Green, Black – in the order of their antioxidant levels from highest to lowest – and herbal teas. Hot liquids are where it’s at this time of year)
“Let food be your medicine and medicine be your food.” ~Hippocrates
Be well my fabulous readers!
CleanWell‘s hand sanitizer consists of a patented blend of essential oils that kills 99.99% of germs without the addition of any triclosan, benzalkonium chloride, or alcohol. CleanWell has very purposely left out powerful yet toxic antibacterial ingredients like triclosan (a known endocrine disruptor) and its natural formula still kills MRSA, E. Coli, Staph, and Salmonella bacteria! Some hospitals and schools in the US have even made the switch from chemical-laden sanitizers to CleanWell because it’s that effective!
The original version of CleanWell smells exactly like it’s key germ-fighting ingredient – thyme. If you like the smell of thyme then the original scent is a good choice for you. But if you like a sweeter/more conventional scent the Orange Vanilla or Lavender would be more up your alley. The hand sanitizer is so convenient to carry around in its smallest size (pictured below), is so easy to use (it sprays), and it doesn’t dry out or irritate skin at all! But the main reason I would try CleanWell (if you haven’t already) — why use toxic chemicals to avoid germs when you don’t have to?!
The story of CleanWell’s creation: Sam’s Story.
Photo Credit: CleanWell Company