How timely – just came across this recipe!
Prep and Cook Time: 25 minutes
6 cups yams, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
½ medium onion, cut in half and sliced thin
4 medium cloves garlic, chopped
1-½ TBS finely minced fresh ginger
½ tsp cinnamon
½ TBS honey
1 TBS + 1 cup chicken or vegetable broth
salt and white pepper to taste
- Slice onions and chop garlic and let sit for 5 minutes to enhance their health-promoting properties.
- Cut yams into 1″ cubes.
- Heat 1 TBS broth in a 12-inch or larger stainless steel skillet.
- Sauté onion over medium heat for 3 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add garlic and ginger and continue to sauté for another minute, stirring constantly.
- Add yams, cinnamon, honey, and 1 cup broth.
- Mix and simmer over low heat covered for about 15 minutes, or until yams are tender.
- Season with salt and pepper.